MASTER OF SCIENCE AND DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH
This Programme has been designed to develop healthcare professionals involved in Maternal and Reproductive Health services by enhancing knowledge and skills within the context of women’s health. Modules offer an opportunity to explore different aspects of maternal and reproductive health while offering healthcare professionals the unique opportunity to increase their knowledge and skills.
The curriculum has a focus on middle- and low-income settings especially of Sub-Saharan African origin, but also provides excellent training in the principles and methods of Research in high-income countries.
By the end of this program students should be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and understanding of evidence-based approaches to research of reproductive and sexual health issues
- Critically assess and apply these research approaches to inform development, health and social welfare programs
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the socio-cultural, political and ethical issues surrounding reproductive and sexual health
- Identify and address appropriate research questions in reproductive and sexual health, using methods from a range of public health disciplines
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out key research skills and activities, including literature review, research study design, and critical analysis and application of research findings
- Fertility Medicine
- Sexuality Transmitted Disease
- HIV Medicine
- Psychosexual therapy
- Reproductive Medicine
- Women’s Health
- Gynecological Oncology