Pan African University
Life and Earth Sciences Institute
University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria.
Research Officer Position
The Pan African University (PAU) is a continental initiative of the African Union Commission, Addis Ababa to revitalize Higher Education and Research in Africa. The PAU has five Institutes each in the five Sub-regions of Africa. Located within the University of Ibadan (UI), the Pan African University Institute of Life and Earth Sciences (including Health and Agriculture) PAULESI, is the hub for West Africa.
PAULESI needs suitably qualified Research Officer with PhD Qualification in the relevant or related thematic areas; Life Sciences, Earth Sciences, Health Sciences, Agriculture or any other related field
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enhance the research profile of the Institute.
- Provides guidelines on publications.
- Identify opportunities for grants for students and the Institute at large. Make these opportunities known at the earnest.
- Assists with grant writing proposals on behalf of the Institute.
- Assists in the maintenance of the research database of the Institute by monitoring and tracking the number of publications of the Institute.
- Provides quarterly research report of the Institute.
- Ensures published articles are posted on the notice board and the Institute server.
- Provides oversight function on the Central Laboratory.
- Liaise with Programme Coordinators, Students and Supervisors to identify common Laboratory equipment needed and recommend for their procurement.
- Liaise with Alumni of the Institute.
- Provides oversight on internship activities of the students registered at the Institute.
- Provides oversight function on the fundraising committee of the Institute.
- Undertakes any other assignment relating to Research delegated from time to time.
- Minimum academic qualification is PhD with lecturing/research at University or Research Institute.
- Good knowledge of Research issues at Post Graduate level
- Evidence of publications in reputable journals
- Familiar with peer review process and procedure, and have been a reviewer for some publishing houses
- Good Computer skills and data analysis packages
- Good interpersonal relationship skills. Ability to relate with people at all levels internally
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical manner.
- A person of Integrity.
- Ability to attend to official issues at odd hours on rare occasions when the needs arise
Remuneration: A consolidated package of N220,000. 00 per month
Application letter and credentials to be mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that only electronic copies of applications will be accepted. All documents to be submitted must be in a single PDF file.
Note that during the interview you will make a power points presentation and the applications must reach us not later than 10th June 2022 by 4.00pm.